Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dubai

I sit
in an empty parking lot in Dubai
with both hands
on my temples
and think about the girl,
about other people's troubles
and I realise I haven't had a drink.

Then I realise that I can't, It's Dubai
and I start walking,
suddenly I smell a sea.

I stand
next to an empty beach in Dubai.
and the water doesn't roll in waves
It just goes up and down,
pissing me off.

I have reached
an empty residential colony in Dubai.
Not really empty, they're all just asleep
and I think
they must have drank at their homes.

I stand at the center
of an empty crossroads in Dubai
I'm getting tired
and all the cars are doing a hundred and twenty.

I look up
at all the towers
of oil-money Babylon
and i curse them.

Fifty dogs start barking
and somehow I am terrified
so I run.

I find
an empty cab
and beg the driver to take me to some alcohol,
I think I was crying.

He brings me
to a hotel bar
thats open all night.

I sit at the counter
the 'tender is polite and Sri Lankan
a beer costs 50 D
but i still
tip him.

7 comments:

  1. i would want to see the sea without any waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adil, the question is was Dubai worth only a glass of beer? And Salil, question for you is, is your worth only in chasing beer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A question that has a meaning far more than an answer would.I think he wastes not just himself but a legacy of literature our world needs.

      Delete
  3. get drunk with will and love and my senpai thou will face no misery.

    ReplyDelete